Lipo-Dissolve (Lipolysis Injections)
Lipo Dissolve Lipolysis Injections is an innovative and gentle treatment to remove unwanted fatty deposits in the body. A series of micro-injections containing Phosphatidylcholine (PPC) and deoxycholate(DC), substances that occur naturally in the body, is applied to areas of unwanted fat.
The application of these active substances assists with the breakdown of the fat cell membrane(wall), making them permeable and allowing the outpouring of the fat cell content into the lymphatic system.
Removal of this fat content occurs via the liver and kidneys therefore it is imperative that 2-3liters be consumed daily.
How effective is it?
The results vary according to your age, skin type, weight, and lifestyle. Some see results after just one session whereas others notice gradual change over the period of a course of treatments.
Since Lipolysis is effective in dissolving surplus fat and helping the body block fat storage the results are permanent. Increased blood and lymph circulation to the targeted area combined with the removal of fibrotic tissue results in a visible reduction of the orange peel effect (Cellulite).
People who are committed to a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, and a balanced diet should experience long-term improvements.
- Increases Fat Breakdown (Lipolysis)
- Increased centimeter loss
- Body Contouring & Sculpting on the areas of application
- Prevents the body from storing fat on the targeted areas and increases the fat-burning capacity of the body cells.
- Increased metabolism
- Improves cellulite and circulation
Recommended treatment intervals
The number of treatments will vary from one person to the other. You can expect results after about 2-3 treatment sessions.
It is not a question of whether the therapy will work but rather how many treatments it will take to attain a goal in reduction.
Treatments are recommended at intervals between 2-4 weeks depending on the response to treatment. It remains actively working on the fat cells for up to 8 weeks after the last treatment. Lipolysis requires 3-4 treatments per body area over a period depending on the results required.
More than 80% of clients are very satisfied with the results after 4 treatments. Many thousands of treatment courses all over the world have now been completed, and no serious side effects have been observed up to now.
How to prepare for your treatment:
- Avoid alcohol for 48hours prior to your treatment, specifically red wine.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, Aspirin, Vit E, or Gingko Biloba one week prior. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising.
- Beta-blockers (used in treating high blood pressure) and certain thyroid conditions can interfere chemically with the procedure.
- If you are allergic to soy, you should not have this treatment as the active’s ingredients are derivatives of soy.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
What to expect during your treatment/consultation:
With your assistance, your therapist will identify the area/s of concern.
Placing a mapping block of 10sqcm on the area will determine how many units will be required.
Your therapist will mark the areas to be treated and clean with an alcohol swab.
Lipo Dissolve Lipolysis Injections are then administered, and the area cleaned with alcohol swabs
Post Treatment care and advice
Drink 2 liters of water after the injections
The first 2hours post-treatment, you will feel a slight sensation of itching and burning. Only 4% of clients need a painkiller on the 1st night after treatment.
After your treatment, you may experience redness and itching. Swelling or bruising. This should last less than 7 days. A cold compress may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling. If the redness and/or swelling or any of the other reactions do not go away after 7 days, contact us.
Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours after treatment. After that, you can wash the area gently.
It is important that the amount of movement in the area injected be immobilized as much as possible for the next 48-72hours.
Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment.
Refrain from excessive exercising and massages for the next 72hours after treatment
It is important to keep hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic)
Avoid alcohol, especially Red Wine for at least 6 hours after the treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Since it is a non-invasive procedure, you can return to work immediately after the treatment.
- This is a relatively painless procedure although you may after the micro injections experience mild swelling, redness, sensitivity, pressure, and itching in the targeted area.
- Light bruises will disappear within a week, in rare cases, some hardening may occur, but these disappear by themselves.
Who would be contra - indicated for the treatment?
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding moms.
- People with Iodine allergies
- Caffeine allergies/intolerance should take it slowly and not more than 8 areas(10sqcm) per session
- Cardiovascular disease
- Clients with certain allergies, specifically soy
- Any blood disorders
- Kidney diseases
- Heart problems