How does it work?
The Bio-Synthesis uses low-intensity light-emitting diodes (LEDs) in a process similar to photosynthesis in which plants use chlorophyll to convert sunlight into cellular building blocks. The light stimulates production of collagen and elastin, and suppresses collagenase, the enzyme that breaks down collagen and accelerates aging.
The Bio-Synthesis system uses the latest technology and treatment principles that stem from extensive research, data and efficacy studies conducted by NASA, on photosynthesis. The studies showed up plant growth research with cancer patients revealed the power of red light skin therapy for rejuvenation. Researchers noticed that LED light therapy regenerated skin tissue, boosted collagen production and improved the appearance of the skin.
The advantages of Biosynthesis LED light therapy
- Stimulates the body’s own cellular mechanisms by photomodulation
- Not a laser or an IPL so no heat, no side effects or downtime.
- Non-invasive, non-ablative safe therapy
- No damage to sub-dermal tissue
- A relaxing and calming experience
- Compatible with existing skin rejuvenation techniques such as Microdermabrasion, Chemical peels and Emerge skin resurfacing
- Red Light – Incredible for rejuvenating and repairing damaged skin for improved skin tone/texture and the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Green Light – Reduces redness in the skin/de-sensitizes skin, fades pigmentation problems and post-inflammation pigmentation.
- Yellow Light – Tones and firms loose skin and facial tissue. Good for correcting loss of elasticity and volume in the face.
- Blue Light – Focuses on the destruction of bacteria and is highly effective on acne and breakout-prone skin.
What to expect
Each Biosynthesis LED treatment is a mini-facial in itself – including a double cleanse, customised massage, correctives and SPF moisturiser to finish, taking around 40 minutes. You’ll be lying down for your treatment, where your Therapist will gently clean your face and apply shields to protect your eyes, similar to those you would wear in a tanning bed. Then, we’ll turn on the machine and give you a few minutes to adjust to the light – although it is very bright, it usually only takes a minute or two to get used to it. Once you’re feeling completely comfortable, the Therapist will manoeuvre the machine over the treatment area while you relax and enjoy a customised massage in an area of your choice. Fantastic stand-alone treatment or is a great addition to any of the Serayu Beauty Facials.
We have seen the best results from 9 sessions performed over four weeks, after that we recommend one treatment a month to maintain your glowing skin!